[TYPO3-about] Anti-harrasment policy for our events?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 28 09:37:02 CET 2013

Hi,

On 27-1-2013 23:11, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> ben van 't ende wrote:
>> It shows a lot of intolerance.
>
> I have never seen anything like it in the TYPO3 community ...

Read some mailing lists and blogs...

> I am discussing gender topics for over a year now (starting with the
> "Frauenquote"), but I never - never have found a valid claim.

I don't know about the German news, but I see a lot of articles where
the facts show that there are a lot of issues out there.

> Please do not try to fix a theoretical problem that most likely does not
> exists.

It's not about fixing something. A lot of things are done to prevent
things from happening or to create a certain environment. You don't buy
fire extinguishers only after you had a fire.

> Look at the current #Aufschrei bullshit in Germany ... an elder politician
> told a young female journalist at a hotel bar after midnight that her boobs
> would be well fitting in traditional closes. She complains a year later.
>
> What happens about a thousand times in each night in Germany and is just
> normal sexual behavior, is presented like being insulting. If the women has
> no interest, she can say so or just ignore the approach.

If this would happen during a TYPO3 event, on the venue where the event
takes place, it would IMO be inappropriate behaviour. People do not
attend such events with the idea to date or have such interaction with
other people.
What is acceptable or not really depends for me on the context, and the
role and position of the people involved.

To let people know that the organisation of a TYPO3 event does not
accept this behaviour in the context of an event, such a policy would be
valuable. I'm sorry to say, but your response is enough reason IMO to
implement this policy.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member