[TYPO3-about] Anti-harrasment policy for our events?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Jan 27 23:11:41 CET 2013

Hi ben,

ben van 't ende wrote:

> It shows a lot of intolerance.

I have never seen anything like it in the TYPO3 community ...

A high representation of white males are to be expected in a European
software development group. This proves nothing, but things are normal.

I am discussing gender topics for over a year now (starting with the
"Frauenquote"), but I never - never have found a valid claim.

Women have different preferences, especially different priorities. The more
stable the society is, the more do women prefer the "typical" woman role -
this is also know as "gender equality paradox".
Here is a German article that discusses the ROSE project and describes this
problem very well (and has nice pictures ;) ).
http://allesevolution.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/gender-equality-paradox-das-
rose-projekt/

We do have a few women in our teams. How about asking them what - if any -
is their problem in the community. Once we have valid data, we can then act
accordingly.

Please do not try to fix a theoretical problem that most likely does not
exists.

Look at the current #Aufschrei bullshit in Germany ... an elder politician
told a young female journalist at a hotel bar after midnight that her boobs
would be well fitting in traditional closes. She complains a year later.

What happens about a thousand times in each night in Germany and is just
normal sexual behavior, is presented like being insulting. If the women has
no interest, she can say so or just ignore the approach.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!