[Neos] And another newbies questions

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Thu May 8 21:35:33 CEST 2014

Hello Christian

On 08.05.2014 16:58, Christian Müller wrote:

> 1: Doing
>
> 'TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn': ~
>
> should work.

Indeed, it does. Too bad Neos doesn't like me removing those NodeTypes.
Suppose will have to do some more digging. :D

> 5. Yes that should be no problem. You have access to the TypoScript
> Runtime inside a TypoScriptObject, that should allow you to evaluate an
> object. An example should be found in Case I think.

Thanks. Looking up CaseImplementation got me a little closer. However, I
already tried crawling through Runtime and didn't find a suitable way to
evaluate a object that isn't already in the configuration nor does it
seem possible to change any of the existing ones. Not from outside of
Runtime anyway.

Just now I tried a making both methods 'getConfigurationForPath' and
'instantiateTypoScriptObject' from Runtime public and try them in my
object. With that I got at least far enough to get a configuration of
some existing tsObject, change it and instantiate a object with that.
But thats about it, evaluating it never works since the changed
configuration never gets used beyond 'instantiateTypoScriptObject'...

I suppose the main problem, for me anyway, is that the TypoScript
configuration cannot be accessed directly from the outside, only
evaluated using a full path and no intantiated object has a local copy
of its own configuration (except AbstractArrayTypoScriptObject in a way).

Well anyway, I suppose I just have to go with the solution I already
got, even if its not as pretty.

Cheers for the quick answers guys! :)

Kind regards
Stefan