[Neos] And another newbies questions

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu May 8 12:31:36 CEST 2014

Stefan Reichelt wrote:

Hi Stefan,

nice collection of interesting questions you put up there ;)
Just to respond to the routing related ones for now:

> 2. Is it possible to get Flow/Neos to also use a Routes.yaml from a
> packages Configuration [...]
> Nevermind, just found [1]. Apparently it isn't supposed to be possible?

As you found out, this is currently not possible because we want to
avoid that the URLs change just by installing some package..

We thought about providing some interactive dialog once we have a
graphical package manager (aka extension manager). E.g. "the package you
are about to install contains routing configuration, do you want to
include those to the application?"

Another option would be a configuration option like:
TYPO3:
   Flow:
     routing:
       autoInclude: 'Some.Package'

But a convention for this would be to only set this for application/site
package - that is, not in packages you are distributing. And then I
don't see the big advantage over an application wide configuration that
should be under version control anyways..

> 3. Nevermind, see .2

Woot?

> 7. Is it possible to have a page-node not show up in urls?
> Consider following tree:
> /
> /sitepages
> /sitepages/test
> In TYPO3 with realurl I could select that the page 'Sitepages' should
> not be shown in the url, so that 'domain/test' would point to the right
> page 'domain/sitepages/test'. Is this still possible somehow?

Currently the URL directly corresponds to the underlying document node
path. This is done with a custom RoutePartHandler, see
https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.Neos.git/blob/HEAD:/Classes/TYPO3/Neos/Routing/FrontendNodeRoutePartHandler.php
(but don't look too closely, this is still somewhat hacky ;)

We plan to separate node path and URL (and we need that for the
localized trees at the latest).

In the meantime you could try to use a custom RoutePartHandler (e.g. by
subclassing the existing one). But this is a bit tricky due to all the
context initialization in there..

HTH,
--
Bastian Waidelich