[Neos] And another newbies questions

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Thu May 8 12:13:02 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I'd like to work towards switching from TYPO3 to TYPO3 Neos in the far
future, so I got a few questions I haven't found answers to yet. If they
are explained already somewhere, then just point me in the right
direction. :)

1. Possible to remove NodeTypes again?
More specifically those 'xyz column content' ones.
Currently I just have this in my packages NodesTypes.yaml:
'TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn':
  abstract: TRUE
[...]
Which at least doesn't make them selectable anymore.

2. Is it possible to get Flow/Neos to also use a Routes.yaml from a
packages Configuration and not just the installations Configuration?
I ask because I'd like to keep all the default configurations for new
installations in one place, ie. a package.
Nevermind, just found [1]. Apparently it isn't supposed to be possible?

3. Nevermind, see .2

4. Is there any way to change TypoScript setup for a single page node?
For example, on a certain, single page the generated title-tag should be
completely different than on other pages. I could probably use the
layout/subpagelayout property for that, but I don't like that idea.
Anyway I doubt there is a way but I'd still like to know for sure.

5. Is it possible to create and execute/render/evalute a TypoScript
object from inside PHP Implementation of another TypoScript object?
For example, I'd like to have a TypoScript object similar to Array but
which expects strings as items and should then render a object for each
item found with a configuration I give it on the fly. Basicly like
TYPO3s cObjGetSingle() method I suppose. I could probably find a way
using fluid somehow, but yeah..

6. How to access a TypoScripts objects configuration and change/use it?
This ties in with question 5. I'd like to 'retrieve' a object and/or its
configuration without it getting rendered/evaluted like with the
tsValue() method.

7. Is it possible to have a page-node not show up in urls?
Consider following tree:
/
/sitepages
/sitepages/test
In TYPO3 with realurl I could select that the page 'Sitepages' should
not be shown in the url, so that 'domain/test' would point to the right
page 'domain/sitepages/test'. Is this still possible somehow?

8. Fllowing problem:
A site package searches for its Root.ts2 in directory:
[...]/Private/TypoScripts/Library/

However Neos also allows following setting:
TYPO3:
  Neos:
    typoScript:
      autoInclude:
This however looks in a given package in directory:
[...]/Private/TypoScript/

One looks for 'TypoScripts' the other for 'TypoScript'.
Shouldn't it be only one or the other but not both?

So yeah, thats it for now.
Thanks for a fresh and good looking CMS so far.

Kind regards
Stefan

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartIII/Routing.html#subroutes