[Neos] Is Neos suitable for me?

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at ttree.ch
Thu Jul 17 13:00:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I think that Neos fit your needs ;) If you need an example for a magazine website build with Neos, check http://www.centurion-magazine.com/home.html (no custom plugin just configuration, except for search).

About the stability, version 1.1 focus on performance and stability, and the system is useable for a daily publishing process without major trouble. Thing will improve even more in the future. But we can say that we are quiet stable currently.

About package, any TYPO3 Flow package can be used. Unfortunately the TYPO3 CMS extension are not usable. A lots of custom package are useless, because of the configuration capabilities of Neos.

About the amount of visitor, I think 100-150’000 visitors per day, will require some varnish in front for any kind of CMS. Handling high load is always a challenge, and not always a CMS problem. Everything depend on your infrastructure and needs. As a magazine is more or less full of static page, having Varnish or any other HTTP cache in front sounds like the best solution. If you have a lots a dynamic page, the challenge is more complex.

If you need any help, your are welcome.

Bests,

--
ttree sàrl