[Neos] Is Neos suitable for me?

Szabolcs Légrádi szabolcs.legradi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 23:46:39 CEST 2014

Hello,

We would like to create an online magazine with daily updated content and are experimenting with different content management systems. I am writing in hope to get affirmation that TYPO3 is suitable for us. The site would be similar to Woman's Day (womansday.com) with most of its functions.

Neos looks really awesome, the content editor interface is perfect for journalists. I didn't find much documentation about packages, but if I am right I can install packages that are based on TYPO3 Flow, is that correct? Like the ones here: packagist.org/search/?q=typo3 - I saw that TYPO3 CMS has more than 6000 extensions, but I guess those are not compatible with Neos. The most important extensions would be a Forum, Blog, Ad Management. Are there premium, paid extensions?

One more topic that is of interest to us is the stability. TYPO3 CMS looks mature and is used widely by big companies, but how stable is Neos? We are hoping to get 100-150.000 visitors per day and there will be times when an article will get published on several popular websites bringing in more visitors. Is it easily scalable, can it handle high loads?

All comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Szabolcs