[Neos] [Team] Planning 2014 recap

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Thu Jan 30 21:59:00 CET 2014

Hey everybody

Thanks for participating in our meeting today. Just wanted to write a quick recap to the mailing list.

We talked about the migration to a new project management tool and agreed that we're going to try out JIRA. Robert, Christian and I will take care of organizing that and let everyone know when we have set it up as we want it.

Then we discussed our release plan for the coming year and decided that we want to have a release when we have a new major feature available and stable. This will be the guideline for the next year when we'll re-evaluate the situation. This could mean a couple of releases this year already depending on progress. Therefore we'll have focus on an easy migration path.

We went over the major features we see as being part of the next release (1.1) which are localization of content and access controls. Work has already started in the localization part and the access control is undergoing currently.

Then we went over the master plan and started to prioritize all the major features from the teams/products perspective which will be used as prioritization when we'll organize Jira and also serve as an overall roadmap for the team. This information will be available once Jira is ready.

Lastly we decided upon the code sprint dates as mentioned in the previous post from Sebastian, which were to have it the days leading up to the Inspiring Conference meaning March 24.–27.

Participants: Andi, Aske, Bastian, Christian, Dominique, Karsten, Marc, Markus, Rens, Sebastian, (Robert), (Rasmus)

Best regards
Aske