[Neos] Install Neos in subdirectory

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Tue Feb 25 21:21:30 CET 2014

Hi Matt,

I would strongly advise against that at the moment, because it is highly
insecure then. Some sensitive and private data, like your database
settings are stored in the other folder so you have to make absolutely
sure that those are not accessible in any way. It will be very hard to
do this without a vhost. If you want to try I would suggest a .htaccess
in the neos folder that has a
deny all

in it and then change that again in the .htaccess in the Web folder.

Still you will have the subfolder in your URL then, there is no way
around that as far as I know.

Cheers,
Christian