[Neos] Install Neos in subdirectory

Matt Clough matt at lubs.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 16:50:04 CET 2014

Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time user of Typo3 and Neos looks a very promising CMS, just what my editors would like!!

I have a question regarding installation. Is it possible to install Neos without a separate virtual host? Can it be installed in a sub folder of the main web root? I would ideally like to do this for initial testing/development and then maybe using it on smaller sites hosted within sub folders of a single domain. I guess this would involve some cleaver rewrite rules to redirect to the /web folder in a htaccess file.

If this is feasible? Would anybody be able to give me an idea of what is necessary to set this up?? (htaccess and mod_rewrite are not my strong point!!)

Thanks

Matt