[Neos] Gallery plugin

Pankaj Lele pankaj at lelesys.com
Mon Sep 2 10:15:13 CEST 2013

Hello Lorenz,

> The only gallery plugin (beside Flickr integrations) I found so far is
> this one:
> https://github.com/lelesys/Lelesys.Plugin.SlideShow
>
> It is, as stated in the readme, experimental. Nevertheless I tried it
> and could see the way it is working.

Thanks for trying! Yes indeed it needs lot of updates which we are
planning to do.

> This raised a "conceptual" question about the use of multiple files. In
> TYPO3 CMS, I can have a group field where I can store relations to
> several files (or DAM items). This allows the (more or less) easily
> select 20 uploaded pictures to build a gallery.
>
> In Neos, I don't see a way to have such a 1:n relation from my node
> type. Maybe it is implemented but just not used. Did you already
> discuss such a relation for node types? Can I make it work somehow and
> build a node that that allows selecting n files for my content?

AFAIK there is no way to directly make a 1:n relation between nodes.
But for your NodeType you can have a property (subnode) which is of
type TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:ContentCollection where you can add n number
of child nodes e.g. Images. There is a Media Browser functionality
under development which I know but it is not fully visible at the
moment. It supports attaching/uploading single image to a property but
not many ATM. But still Media Browser is missing a general file upload
of other Documents which I am not sure whether it is supposed to be
part of the Media Browser.

Those were just few quick thoughts on top my mind :)

-Pankaj

--
Pankaj Lele
CTO - Lelesys, India