[Neos] RFC: Get rid of "lastVisitedUri"

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 22 13:14:36 CET 2013

Hi Bastian,

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

> me again with another RFC - but this time I'll keep it short!
> I think this has been discussed before, but I'm not sure about the outcome.
> Following my previous post of freeing the markup from autogenerated code
> I'd like to suggest to remove the following snippet from Neos frontend
> (by default):
>
> <script>
>     try {
>         sessionStorage.setItem('TYPO3.Neos.lastVisitedUri', '....');
>     } catch(e) {}
> </script>
>
> It is handy because it allows the backend to navigate to the currently
> displayed page after logging in, but it has many drawbacks and it's
> gonna be the first thing many integrators will disable.

just to have all arguments in this thread - what speaks against it in
practice? (I didn't have to disable it yet for my project)

> Unfortunately there seems to be no other way to retrieve the previous
> URL (other than an "admin" link that sends a referrer).
>
> I suggest to add a Route that maches {node}.html/neos that redirects to
> /neos?node={node}. So in order to enter the backend you could simply
> append "/neos" to the current URL.

don't like that really, as the semantics are not right, also it needs as
much as explanation as the currently working solution to add
@user-johndoe. No really practical for editors, me thinks.