[Neos] RFC: Get rid of "lastVisitedUri"

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Nov 22 10:41:16 CET 2013

Hi all,

me again with another RFC - but this time I'll keep it short!
I think this has been discussed before, but I'm not sure about the outcome.
Following my previous post of freeing the markup from autogenerated code
I'd like to suggest to remove the following snippet from Neos frontend
(by default):

<script>
	try {
		sessionStorage.setItem('TYPO3.Neos.lastVisitedUri', '....');
	} catch(e) {}
</script>

It is handy because it allows the backend to navigate to the currently
displayed page after logging in, but it has many drawbacks and it's
gonna be the first thing many integrators will disable.

Unfortunately there seems to be no other way to retrieve the previous
URL (other than an "admin" link that sends a referrer).

I suggest to add a Route that maches {node}.html/neos that redirects to
/neos?node={node}. So in order to enter the backend you could simply
append "/neos" to the current URL.

--
Bastian Waidelich