[Neos] RFC: Get rid of "lastVisitedUri"

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Nov 22 13:57:10 CET 2013

Robert Lemke wrote:

>> [...] it has many drawbacks and it's
>> gonna be the first thing many integrators will disable.
>
> just to have all arguments in this thread - what speaks against it in
> practice? (I didn't have to disable it yet for my project)

First of all: Inline scripts are a no-go for many projects and they
violate the Content Security Policy specification[1] that will hopefully
be adapted by major browsers sooner or later.
We could solve that by extracting JavaScript to an external file -
leading to additional requests.

Also this has a (probably minor) performance impact on *every* request
to the Frontend.
We could improve that by deferring the script execution (e.g. by moving
it to the body) but still..

>> I suggest to add a Route that maches {node}.html/neos that redirects to
>> /neos?node={node}. So in order to enter the backend you could simply
>> append "/neos" to the current URL.
>
> don't like that really, as the semantics are not right, also it needs as
> much as explanation as the currently working solution to add
> @user-johndoe. No really practical for editors, me thinks.

I don't think "<path>/neos" wrong semantically, but I agree that it
looks weird when <path> contains a format suffix. We could also go for
"<path>@neos" redirecting to "/neos/login?lastVisitedUrl=<path>"..

If we can't agree on a good solution, I'd vote for disabling this
feature *by default*, because that will give us more flexibility
(removing default features afterwards is a pain, look at the 10(!)
versions of css_styled_content in CMS).

We could for example wrap it in a TS processor, so that integrators
could activate it for their Page with one line..

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSP/

--
Bastian Waidelich