[Neos] Re: Tags, TYPO3.Media, and the taxonomy work package, Oh My!

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri May 24 11:18:37 CEST 2013

Hi.

Quote: Jacob Floyd (techgurufloyd) wrote on Thu, 23 May 2013 21:50
> I wonder if we couldn't have a more general purpose tag/taxonomy/ontology system for use throughout Neos instead of a tagging solution that is specific to TYPO3.Media only.

We need that, no need to argue about that! But the Media Browser has tags as a must-have, and a tagging/taxonomy/whatever system that is really good enough is another (large) work package on it's own. Since we need to have *something* working for the browser, we decided to go the simple way.

That being said, I'd love to work on / help out with a full blown taxonomy system and looking back at how we refactored the hell out of all our code so far, I think we won't have any problem actually making use of that throughout the system, once it's there.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Developer, Neos / Flow Team