[Neos] Tags, TYPO3.Media, and the taxonomy work package, Oh My!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri May 24 08:51:22 CEST 2013

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Floyd wrote:
> How will TYPO3.Media work with the generic taxonomy solution that gets created as part of the
> taxonomy work package[11]?

I'm not deeply involved in the TYPO3.Media package but my 2cts: we do
have Semantic Web support on the agenda, actually made it one of the
core features of Neos. However, I think it's best to start with a naïve
implementation based on tags for the media browser in order to get a
working solution as soon as possible.

I'm confident that we can extend the feature set step by step, later on.
That being said, it's great to spend some thoughts on that "later" as
long as we don't get lost in discussions too early.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org