[Neos] Neos 1.0 Beta2

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Dec 4 11:48:41 CET 2013

Christian Müller wrote:

Hi folks,

> this minute the Beta2 of Neos 1.0 was tagged and pushed, so it is
> available on composer.

Just a little heads-up if you're updating from an older version:

With beta2 it's possible to easily change the default suffix for
Frontend URLs ("foo/bar.html" vs "foo/bar"). This change requires you to
update the Neos distribution itself. Unfortunately there seems to be no
way to do this via composer. If your distribution happens to be a git
repository you can update it via:

./git pull

Otherwise you can manually fix your installation by adding two lines to
the global Configuration/Routes.yaml file.

Before:

-
   name: 'TYPO3.Neos'
   uriPattern: '<TYPO3NeosSubroutes>'
   subRoutes:
     TYPO3NeosSubroutes:
       package: 'TYPO3.Neos'
Now:

-
   name: 'TYPO3.Neos'
   uriPattern: '<TYPO3NeosSubroutes>'
   subRoutes:
     TYPO3NeosSubroutes:
       package: 'TYPO3.Neos'
       variables:
         'defaultUriSuffix': '.html'

(I also added this to the updating section at
http://neos.typo3.org/download.html).

There is another issue (or several related) regarding the content
repository: Moving/renaming nodes behaves weirdly and in the worst case
it can corrupt the repository. We're aware of this, know how to fix it
and are upset that we didn't finish that for beta2.

Some details of the incorrect behavior has been documented in
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/54080

Best,

--
Bastian Waidelich