[Neos] Question regarding NEOS Installation & Setup

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Aug 15 20:01:52 CEST 2013

Hi Bastian,

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

> Philipp Gampe wrote:
>
> Hi Philipp,
>
>> I do know really know the reason for Neos not working as expected.
>
> you do know know? ;)

hehe ... a not went missing

>> * All PHP files missed the executable flag
>
> But then the error should not be "No Database Connection" I think

No, I just notice it why I tried to find out why the server said 404 ;)

>> * no routes for setup
>
> The setup uses a custom request handler and needs no custom routes

It said something about path or nodes once I login to the setup.

>> * 403 for resources (thus no CSS, JS)
>
> The setup should work without resources - at least it should display
> something

The first page yes. It has everything inline, but the next pages link the
CSS and JS from resources.

>> * Exception because of missing DB stuff, instead of setup wizard
>
> ?

Yes ... it showed an exception after setup login. I set it up manually, but
couldn't get further into the setup.

>> * missing DB tables (wizard never continues as routes are missing, thus
>> you are stuck after login
>
> Again, the wizard does not need custom routes. If you create the DB
> yourself, make sure you chose the right collation - or let the setup
> tool create the DB for you
>
>> fixpermissions needs root access; a no-go on shared hosts
>
> On shared hosters you should not be required to call the
> setfilepermissions command as your user *should* have the same rights as
> the PHP process.

I guessed this ... I will wipe everything and start over (again).

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!