[Neos] Question regarding NEOS Installation & Setup

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 15 11:01:36 CEST 2013

Philipp Gampe wrote:

Hi Philipp,

> I do know really know the reason for Neos not working as expected.

you do know know? ;)

> * All PHP files missed the executable flag

But then the error should not be "No Database Connection" I think

> * no routes for setup

The setup uses a custom request handler and needs no custom routes

> * 403 for resources (thus no CSS, JS)

The setup should work without resources - at least it should display
something

?

> * missing DB tables (wizard never continues as routes are missing, thus you
> are stuck after login

Again, the wizard does not need custom routes. If you create the DB
yourself, make sure you chose the right collation - or let the setup
tool create the DB for you

> fixpermissions needs root access; a no-go on shared hosts

On shared hosters you should not be required to call the
setfilepermissions command as your user *should* have the same rights as
the PHP process.

--
Bastian Waidelich
--