[TYPO3-50-general] strange URL

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Fri Jun 24 12:10:04 CEST 2011

On 24.06.2011 09:30, Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hi Thomas,

Hey Robert,

> Am 23.06.2011 um 18:48 schrieb Thomas Allmer:
>
>> means I can use the "console" commands and get the frontend and can login to the backend. In the BE I can use the Management view but I don't get the "content" view where I should be able to edit the HTML inline... with the Aloha Editor...
>>
>> I get a 404 which seem actually right as the URL for the iframe is
>> http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web@user-demo5971321/
>>
>> I'm not sure - is the @ supposed to be there?
>

> The "@user-demo5971321" defines the current workspace you're working in (by default it's the personal workspace of the user which is logged in). There are two things which might be wrong:
>
>   - you installed TYPO3 in a subdirectory without a virtual host pointing to the "Web" directory. That _should_ work but maybe it doesn't in your case with Windows 7

yeah I installed it in a subdirectory...

>   - the URL is not rendered correctly by TYPO3 (Web at user-demo ... is definitely wrong).

seems like it, fancy enough I now used a vhost for it and like this it
works... also for the root page

> Can you see the demo site when you hit http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web/ ?

sure :)

> If so, what happens if you go to a sub page and then add @live or @user-demo5971321 (while you're logged in) to the URL?

mod_rewrite works just fine...
http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web/homepage/anotherpage/thirdlevelpage.html

also with @
http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web/homepage/anotherpage/thirdlevelpage@live.html

I now tested a little more and it's JUST for the root page... if I go to
a subpage and hit the typo3 link at the top it work also inside a
subdirectory...

= comparison =
- I have a user called "demo"
- go to the url; hit the typo3 link; you get to the BE with the iframe

WORKING with vhost:
BE-Content iframe src: http://typo3v5.localhost/homepage@user-demo.html

WORKING with vhost:
BE-Content iframe src:
http://typo3v5.localhost/homepage/anotherpage@user-demo.html

NOT WORKING with subdirectory:
BE-Content iframe src: http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web@user-demo/

WORKING with subdiretory:
BE-Content iframe src:
http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web/homepage/anotherpage@user-demo.html

= conclusion =
Seems like TYPO3 Phoenix builds the iframe src wrong if it's installed
in a subdirectory and "called" from the root page. However "calling" it
from a subpage works just fine.
Probably a problem with the referrer?
I guess this has nothing to do with Windows 7 :p (unexpected huh...)

> I'm not sure but I guess that URL rewriting is somewhat a requirement for TYPO3 v5 at the moment. To be honest, I haven't tried it without it. FLOW3, however, should work without mod_rewrite etc.

I have a mod_rewrite and it works just fine :p

cheers