[TYPO3-50-general] strange URL

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Jun 24 09:30:24 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

Am 23.06.2011 um 18:48 schrieb Thomas Allmer:

> means I can use the "console" commands and get the frontend and can login to the backend. In the BE I can use the Management view but I don't get the "content" view where I should be able to edit the HTML inline... with the Aloha Editor...
>
> I get a 404 which seem actually right as the URL for the iframe is
> http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web@user-demo5971321/
>
> I'm not sure - is the @ supposed to be there?

The "@user-demo5971321" defines the current workspace you're working in (by default it's the personal workspace of the user which is logged in). There are two things which might be wrong:

 - you installed TYPO3 in a subdirectory without a virtual host pointing to the "Web" directory. That _should_ work but maybe it doesn't in your case with Windows 7
 - the URL is not rendered correctly by TYPO3 (Web at user-demo ... is definitely wrong).

Can you see the demo site when you hit http://localhost/TYPO3v5/Web/ ?

If so, what happens if you go to a sub page and then add @live or @user-demo5971321 (while you're logged in) to the URL?

I'm not sure but I guess that URL rewriting is somewhat a requirement for TYPO3 v5 at the moment. To be honest, I haven't tried it without it. FLOW3, however, should work without mod_rewrite etc.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke – Fluent Code Artisan