[TYPO3-50-general] OT: DDD vs BDD

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 27 22:24:55 CEST 2010

Hi!

I'm reading my way through the book recommendations but when it came to TDD I wasn't really happy
with "Test Driven Development (By Example)". Looking for another source I found "Growing
Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests" by S.Freeman/N.Pryce.

They describe their process as working from the outside (eg a GUI) to the inside (the core of the
domain). I don't think behaviour driven design is mentioned in the book, but isn't this style
typical for BDD?

And now the question: does DDD and BDD contradict each other? Wouldn't you try to model the core of
the domain much earlier in DDD?

Masi

[1] http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/books/
[2] Addison-Wesley (0-321-50362-7)