[TYPO3-50-general] New templating system?

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:54:56 CET 2010

2010/3/22 Michael Sauter <mail at michaelsauter.net>

>  You are absolutely right, mapping is a complicated stuff, but IMHO, you
>> are wrong to state that using Fluid would be a more simple approach. Fluid
>> requires new technical knowledge where existing techniques such as
>> TemplaVoilà only require HTML knowledge and a little Typoscript therefore it
>> is not much simpler to newbies.
>>

> I would say the opposite is true ;)
> To me, FLUID is very easy for beginners, because it does not add new syntax
> (okay, there is the shorthand syntax, but ...). It's like learning a couple
> of new HTML tags. Much easier than learning TypoScript, especially to
> someone who does templates and is not a developer.

I do not know TypoScript and i do not know FLUID. I only SAW the syntax in
documentations and so... And i have to say that i feel much more comfortable
with FLUID and i think it is easier to learn IMHO, because of its HTML like
Syntax. Just wanted to share my feeling about that...

>  I must admit that the approach i'm presenting is more 4.x oriented, and by
>> the way it is not really an "approach" since it is already up and running.
>> So it is more 4.x oriented but still i wanted to share the idea of using the
>> power of Firebug with you.
>>

> Yes, I think my approach is based a lot on the concept of models like we
> have them in FLOW3.
>

>  I'm one of those guy who don't like to re-invent the wheel and like to use
>> good stuffs if they already exist ;-)
>>

> Very true, but often good things come from taking something that is out
> there and redo it to make it better. Anyway, I don't feel my solution is
> reinventing at all - it only puts together concepts that are already out
> there and that will be familiar to most people dealing with TYPO3 v5 (only
> FLUID knowledge needed)

It may some kind offtopic. I have no experience with TypoScript nor FLUID
nor TemplateViola. Does FLUID supersede TypoScript or how do they relate to
each other? Does FLOW3 needs TypoScript? Or is it Typo3 related as the name
implies?

 Kind regards