[TYPO3-50-general] Naming conventions: StyleSheet / Stylesheet

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:22:32 CEST 2010

Michael Sauter wrote:

> I was just looking through the Phoenix sprint release 2 ... great work
> guys!
>
> There's one minor detail though which caught my eye (sorry for the
> nitpicking!).

Hoi!

Also I noticed this and at present I tend to name them just
'styles' and 'scripts'. You may wonder why?

In terms of HTML or HTML5 (as far as I know) you CAN skip the
type argument. This is valid HTML5:

<script src="myScript.js"></script>

So in terms of HTML5 the type attribute's default value
is "text/javascript". Same goes for CSS:

(As for the HTML5 reason: At least that's what I heard/read.)

So I'd rather also go for either just 'Style' and 'Script'
or a unified syntax like 'Stylesheet' and 'Javascript' or
'StyleSheet', 'JavaScript' and(!) 'TypoScript'.

Btw, shouldn't it be JavascriptScript anyway? :>

Regards,
Thomas