[TYPO3-50-general] Naming conventions: StyleSheet / Stylesheet

Michael Sauter mail at michaelsauter.net
Fri Jul 9 20:03:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

I was just looking through the Phoenix sprint release 2 ... great work guys!

There's one minor detail though which caught my eye (sorry for the
nitpicking!).

There is a TypoScript object called "Stylesheet"
(TYPO3/Classes/TypoScript/Stylesheet.php), but a folder called
"StyleSheets" (Sites/PhoenixDemoTypo3Org/Resources/Public/StyleSheets).
As I think that StyleSheet would be the right way to spell it, maybe we
can adjust the TypoScript object name?

I think there is a german word "Stylesheet", but in english it is
"cascading style sheets" and therefore it probably should be StyleSheet
also in TypoScript? Additionally, it would be nice to have "JavaScript"
and "StyleSheet" written the same way (and not JavaScript and Stylesheet
as it is now).

But - I'm not a native english speaker, so I googled both terms to find
out if it "proves" my assumptions ;). Actually it's not that clear ...
hmm. Maybe there is a native english speaker around that can shed some
light on this? Or maybe there is no right or wrong in this case?

~michael