[TYPO3-50-general] Extbase directory structure

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat May 16 10:00:52 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 15.05.2009 14:58 Uhr, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> 1) Where you would JS files go? in Resources/Private/JavaScript

Yes, that makes sense. We have no rules, but there should be some
suggestion in the FLOW3 documentation.

> 2) For the moment the directory structure for Extbase reflects needs in
> FE. If I want to already have something "compliant" with future
> development, what is the idea for BE? I mean I need controllers for both
> backend and frontend. Should I mix them up in Classes/Controller or
> should I do something like this:

Seperating controllers (and models and views) should be done if it makes
sense, then do it like you wrote - perfect.

> 4) How would you handle AJAX-related controller classes? (for use with
> ExtJS for instance). Would you mix them with Backend/Frontend
> controllers? Would you create dedicated controllers? (which I would
> prefer) and if later and if I should create Backend/Frontend directories
> for 2), would you put them into related directory or create some "Ajax"
> directory?

Look at TYPO3v5 and the admin in TYPO3CR, there we have services for
REST communication which go into their own folders.

Regards,
Karsten