[TYPO3-50-general] Extbase directory structure

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon May 18 14:59:03 CEST 2009

Hi Karsten,

On 16.05.2009, at 10:00, Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

>> 1) Where you would JS files go? in Resources/Private/JavaScript
>
> Yes, that makes sense. We have no rules, but there should be some
> suggestion in the FLOW3 documentation.

Hmm, no, doesn't make sense: The should be in Resources/Public/
JavaScript,
otherwise they won't be accessible from the web.

>> 4) How would you handle AJAX-related controller classes? (for use
>> with
>> ExtJS for instance). Would you mix them with Backend/Frontend
>> controllers? Would you create dedicated controllers? (which I would
>> prefer) and if later and if I should create Backend/Frontend
>> directories
>> for 2), would you put them into related directory or create some
>> "Ajax"
>> directory?
>
> Look at TYPO3v5 and the admin in TYPO3CR, there we have services for
> REST communication which go into their own folders.

Just keep in mind that they are also not perfect, final etc. but they
demonstrate the general concept to use dedicated controllers and put
them
into their own (Service) folders.

Cheers,
robert