[TYPO3-50-general] Extbase directory structure

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 15 14:58:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding "best practices" for directory
structure in Extbase-aware extensions.

Extbase says this for example Blog:

.
|-- Classes
|   |-- Controller
|   |-- Domain
|   `-- View
|       |-- PostByTag.php
|       |-- PostIndex.php
|       `-- PostShow.php
|-- Configuration
|   |-- FlexForms
|   `-- Settings
|-- Resources
     |-- Private
     |   |-- Icons
     |   |-- Language
     |   `-- Templates
     `-- Public

1) Where you would JS files go? in Resources/Private/JavaScript
(/Javascript, /JS, /...) ?

2) For the moment the directory structure for Extbase reflects needs in
FE. If I want to already have something "compliant" with future
development, what is the idea for BE? I mean I need controllers for both
backend and frontend. Should I mix them up in Classes/Controller or
should I do something like this:

.
|-- Classes
|   |-- Controller
|   |   |-- Backend
|   |   `-- Frontend

3) Same problem for View directory but I guess the answer will be
closely related to 2)

4) How would you handle AJAX-related controller classes? (for use with
ExtJS for instance). Would you mix them with Backend/Frontend
controllers? Would you create dedicated controllers? (which I would
prefer) and if later and if I should create Backend/Frontend directories
for 2), would you put them into related directory or create some "Ajax"
directory?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en