[TYPO3-50-general] Questions about FLOW3

privat at timohummel.com privat at timohummel.com
Tue Mar 24 19:10:58 CET 2009

> Full ACK on first (address) part.
> But why is that the responsibility of a framework?
> Isn't it the core work of the developer.

There is enough work to integrate an address framework into a
real-world application. It might not be the responsibility of a web
framework, but it might be the responsibility of a
plugin/subframework/external framework/whatsoever. To me, this is
re-inventing a screwdriver each and everytime when its required to
deal with screws. That's only a simple example. And I have absolutely
no problem with the idea that there will be less developers, if, in
turn, more experienced business process modellers / application
designers / etc will be there.

> Think the other way: if one day a framework will have all the templates,
> plugins and addon for solving every business case - well, then you'll
> get unemployed ;-)

I look what makes sense and not what makes me (probably) unemployed.
It's time that developers get paid for their knowledge about
components and not for writing the same code over and over again.
Efficiency should be paid - not who's writing the most code in the
least amount of time.

Regards,
Timo