[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Fri Jan 30 08:57:37 CET 2009

Hey Sebastian

On 30-01-2009 at 0:25 Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> Hey Peter,
>
> thanks for your efforts. Overally, it already looks really nice and
> cool :-)
>
> My comments:
> - Could you try to increase line spacing a bit? I hope that'd make it
> more readable

I don’t think that should be a problem.

> - Code should be bigger

The reason I've set the font to this size is that some lines (for example
the <package ......> line in Example 1.1
> - The headlines like "Example X.X ...." seem to be too big for me. We
> could also try out to move them under the code?
I think the size shouldn't be much of a problem, however if it is possible
to move them under the code I'll have to check.
> - *Dream* Can we have syntax coloring? I don't know if this is somehow
> automatedly possible

I've seen some highlighting code in the default XSL, so I just have to check
whether or not it is also available for PHP.
But (of course) the namespaces would become a bit of a problem in the
highlighting. :)

> - Page 22: The article about Constructor- vs. Setter-Injection: The
> headline needs to become bigger

This also shouldn't be much of a problem, but it might be as well that this
should be changed in the docbook source.

> - The admonitions still somehow break the style of the documentation,
> but for now I cannot provide better ones :-)

As I'm also no graphical designer, I just thought these looked nicer that
the default ones, but I'll have a look if I can find other icons, or perhaps
someone with more graphical talents can provide them.

> Thanks for your time! I hope some of my feedback is helpful.

Sure, now I only need to find some way to incorporate it into the XSL :)