[TYPO3-50-general] (Summary) RFC: Short filenames

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jan 28 23:48:19 CET 2009

Hi all,

> coming back to the original topic of this thread: short filenames.
>
> It seems like most of us are in favor of having shorter filenames so I
> opened a ticket (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/2524) and I'm now
> renaming the files.
>
> Althogh there are some interesting bits the discussion, to be honest, I
> still don't see the relation between DDD and conventions for the
> filename. For me the filename is something which has to do with
> infrastructure, not the domain of my software.
>
> Let's discuss DDD in other threads ...

I hope those discussion do not slow down the development of FLOW3. I
find them interesting but sometimes it's a bit (a lot?) nitpicking and I
simply hope that roadmap is not moved away each time such discussion occur.

It's good to give advice and be able to interact with you but I would
love so much having a working FLOW3 under hand and a stable/RC PHP5.3...

We should not hurry and take time but it's a bit frustrating to read all
those book on TDD, DDD and the rest and not being able to use them in
real life scenario because of PHP5.3 being alpha (sorry I cannot afford
installing it on a production - and yes, I know there's nothing FLOW3
team can do about) and FLOW3 is not there (not saying that you are late
on the schedule, only thinking it would be so nice having this at hand).

And I would be very happy to be able to use it for developing my 4.x
extensions with a "glue" extension or something else.

OK! Just to say that I'm all with you and would like to be able to spend
some time helping you with tests and/or implementation but I cannot at
the moment and I would only be able to use it and report issue once it
is out.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers