[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 and DDD

Nino Martincevic don at zampano.com
Mon Jan 19 14:29:32 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

> Yes. But I had the impression that you started to nitpick. You're not
> doing an exegesis, but try to get something working ;)

Well, that wasn't my intention. But to say that by using the concepts
and implementing of DDD it really is DDD, some things may have to be
thought and discussed of.
And beside the UL it is the (almost) complete ignorance of not just
persistence but of any kind of infrastructure or technology.

If I would take a system that can offer doing it the DDD-way and I would
be forced to use some aspects I'll never include in my domain models,
well, I just would not use it.
Why not? Because I'm coupled to it.

> Sorry, I was loosing my temper. You wrote that DDD is a philosphy. Well,
> you an argue over philosophies for ages. Philosophies are guidelines,
> they do not solve anything.

Yes they are. Perhaps the term philosophy is overrated by you in this
context, there are also simple philosophies. A really better word is
mindset, I should have use that :-)

But DDD is one of those "philosophies" that doesn't say "do it that or
this way" but things like "use your communication skills to get all
possible knowldge about the stuff you have to do" and to achieve the
best possible solution, with the aid of some more or less simple
"patterns" (not to be confused by software patterns). And also the
knowledge that it not always the best solution and will never be perfect
but will evaluate.
IMHO that's not religious or philosophical, but helpful.
Amen ;-)