[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 and DDD

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 19 14:54:28 CET 2009

Hi Nino,

Am 19.01.2009 um 14:29 schrieb Nino Martincevic:

> If I would take a system that can offer doing it the DDD-way and I
> would
> be forced to use some aspects I'll never include in my domain models,
> well, I just would not use it.
> Why not? Because I'm coupled to it.

Exactly. That's why Domain Models in FLOW3 are completely unaware of
persistence
or the framework. The only help we require is a "@entity" or
"@valueobject" annotation
and proper documentation of the properties with DocComments.

The repositories can - by design - not be completely PI, because they
actually compile
and submit the queries. However, we have reduced that dependency to
what was possible
by introducing lightweight and generic interfaces.

Cheers,
robert