[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 and DDD

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jan 19 13:48:19 CET 2009

Nino Martincevic schrieb:
> Sorry for starting a dicussion but is it not wanted to place some
> questions and comments?
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>  > Hey guys, does this really solve real world problems? If I can create an
>> object and it's stored automatically. Great. What do i care if this is
>> what you call an aggregate or whatnot.
>
> Yes, it does.
> Because DDD is a philosophy that helps to build pure and well-designed
> OOP applications. The core of it it the domain model and in DDD the
> domain model by itself does not know anything about persistance.
> That helps to build highly uncoupled, maintainable and flexible
> applications. Just because infrastructure and technology are changing,
> but your domain not (at least in the core).
> And with the help of the key concepts like aggregates and entities not
> knowing of the luck or accident to be persisted you can achieve this.
>
> So why you should not try to accomplish this, just because something is
> build is does not mean, it can't be changed for better, is it?

Yes. But I had the impression that you started to nitpick. You're not
doing an exegesis, but try to get something working ;)

>> FLOW3 has now been designed for 2 years or more. How is it that there is
>> a discussion going on how DDD should be implemented.
>
> What kind of argument is this? Other systems were build far longer and
> changed dramatically when needed. That's called agile development and
> refactoring. Not a bad thing and a guarantee to survive the competition.

Sorry, I was loosing my temper. You wrote that DDD is a philosphy. Well,
you an argue over philosophies for ages. Philosophies are guidelines,
they do not solve anything.

Masi