[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Feb 19 09:35:43 CET 2009

Hi Karsten,

> Well, the plan was to be able to add the documentation for some
> packages
> to a combined book. Thus the FLOW3 documentation is not a book, but a
> chapter.

> We were looking for a way to split the documentation into the packages
> but at the same time keep the way to a "Definitive Guide to TYPO3v5"
> open.

- I'd say each Package can have multiple chapters, as one would expect
it.
- If we want to render one document per package, I'd use "Book"
- If we want to render "Definitive Guide", I'd use "Parts" for each
Package.
Thus:
- Book "TDG to TYPO3 v5"
   - Part "FLOW3"
     - Chapter 1 - Introduction
     - ...
   - Part "Fluid"
     - Chapter ...

Alternatively, we could still use the "Set" DocBook element, which can
be used to group books. However, the other approach feels better to me.

Greets,
Sebastian