[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Christoph Blömer chbloemer at gmx.net
Wed Feb 11 10:42:38 CET 2009

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi Peter.
>
> On 11.02.2009 9:07 Uhr, Peter Beernink wrote:
>
>>> -furthermore FLOW3 currently the only chapter (but it should be the
>>> title of the book). Introduction,FLOW3 Bootstrap, Packages etc. should
>>> be chapter headings.
>>>
>> That is something which will have to be modified in the docbook structure.
>> But before doing that I think I first should talk to Robert and/or Karsten
>> if there is a reason they put everything in one chapter.
>>

> Well, the plan was to be able to add the documentation for some packages
> to a combined book. Thus the FLOW3 documentation is not a book, but a
> chapter.
>
> We were looking for a way to split the documentation into the packages
> but at the same time keep the way to a "Definitive Guide to TYPO3v5" open.
>
> Better ideas? Volumes in a set of books? Simply seperate books?

On its own the FLOW3 Chapter stand out a little alone. If you add a
TYPO3CR chapter and a FLUID chapter etc. then its fine.
But the fine grained table of contents is a little overwhelming (like
FLOW3 ;-) )
Maybe we can just add an extra overview of the chapter and it's first
level of headings. when more chapters are added.
Otherwise just a extra "book" per package. But other packages will not
have as much documentation as FLOW3 I think except TYPO3v5 ;-)

Christoph