[TYPO3-50-general] Some non-scientific benchmark results

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Feb 2 19:10:10 CET 2009

Hi Karsten.

On 02.02.2009 15:29 Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

> I used PHP 5.3.0beta1 with freshly compiled XDebug (from CVS) and APC
> (latest from PECL). All on my MacBook Pro with Core Duo (2GHz) and 1,5G
> RAM.

We use eAccelerator (former Turck MMcache) instaed of APC. I once did
some benchmarking comparing APC and eA but that was years ago. The
result was that eA was a bit faster than APC and more reliable. There
was also a comparison in the german linux magazine:
http://www.linux-magazin.de/heft_abo/ausgaben/2005/05/voll_karacho/ (german)

Does the used memory data in your tables include the memory used by APC
or pure PHP?

--
cheers,
Steffen