[TYPO3-50-general] Comprehension question about FLOW3

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Aug 16 19:48:23 CEST 2009

Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> currently i play around with FLOW3 (and the tutorial, i'll post my
> findings this evening).
>
> I don't have to repeat myself and other how great FLOW3 is.
>
> Now when I want to create something like more of a website than of an
> application i will want to show different packages/controllers/actions
> on one page (like plugins as Content Elements in TYPO3 v4). The current
> approch of FLOW3 is more to show one single controller/action of a package.

I guess that you would have a main view of a package that will contain
"sub views" of the same or of other packages.

Though you could have GET parameters for different plugins on the same
page in v4 I think this is a rare case. In v5 I think that either the
router needs to get some extra logic or you pass on the parameters of
the "sub views" as plain old GET parameters. Anyway the URI parameters
for the routing may IMHO be different from the real URL as seen by the
client. You may want to use a URL beautifier for your site like Real URL
is one for v4.

Masi