[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3, really a good solution?

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Oct 25 15:08:43 CEST 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 1:31 AM, Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote:

> Hey Ries and Niels,
>
>> I have nothing against B3, and I like the general ideas I am just
>> wondering how it will
>> work in practice..
> We currently imagine having a web-based wizard as an addition, which
> will make it possible to "enrich" the HTML template with custom tags
> through a click-and-point interface.

That would be great, much like TV!!!!

> Behind the scenes, the plan currently is that the outcome of this
> "mapping tool" is just a regular template file, which is then parsed
> by
> the parser, etc.

Sounds good....

>>> Personally I would be happy with server/client-side JS + XML +
>>> XSLT +
>>> XSL, though not every server has Rhino installed. It has the
>>> advantage
>>> to be a real abstraction, can be made to be really templatetative
>>> and is
>>> really well supported.
> From my side, I do not want to code my templates in XSLT - that's a
> powerful language, but hard to gasp for most people and really a
> different paradigm than most of the standard ways.

I am not sure of it's different then most standard way.. XSLT sounds
like a standard to me.
But I guess what you are saying is that it's hard to understand for most
webdesigners and PHPers that needs to create a website using F3 and B3.

> And, besides, the language is really verbose - so you sometimes need
> lots of code for simple things.

I don't think templating (the correct way) is simple.

I do have a question. is it possible to make simple IF or CASE
constructs
within the template?

			regards, Ries van Twisk