[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3, really a good solution?

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sat Oct 25 08:31:24 CEST 2008

Hey Ries and Niels,

> I have nothing against B3, and I like the general ideas I am just
> wondering how it will
> work in practice..
We currently imagine having a web-based wizard as an addition, which
will make it possible to "enrich" the HTML template with custom tags
through a click-and-point interface.

Behind the scenes, the plan currently is that the outcome of this
"mapping tool" is just a regular template file, which is then parsed by
the parser, etc.

>> Personally I would be happy with server/client-side JS + XML + XSLT +
>> XSL, though not every server has Rhino installed. It has the advantage
>> to be a real abstraction, can be made to be really templatetative and is
>> really well supported.
 From my side, I do not want to code my templates in XSLT - that's a
powerful language, but hard to gasp for most people and really a
different paradigm than most of the standard ways.

And, besides, the language is really verbose - so you sometimes need
lots of code for simple things.

Greets from Dresden,
Sebastian