[TYPO3-50-general] Name of templating system

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 18 13:01:27 CET 2008

Malte Jansen wrote:

Hi Malte,

> Should the template system be really an extra package?

IMHO it's one of the advantages of FLOW3 over other frameworks that it's
core can stay quite slim and that you can (will be able to) easily
add/remove packages on the fly.
If I only want to use FLOW3 as backend for my REST api there might be no
need to have the templating engine included.

> Or later on a standalone product?

I think a standalone product which works great can be a teaser for
FLOW3. Furthermore we planned to implement the engine for TYPO3 v4 as
well to ease the transfer.

> - Why shall I use FLOW3, if I can just use the template-system?

You don't have to.. and you will miss some neat features ;)

Bastian