[TYPO3-50-general] Name of templating system

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Nov 18 12:33:42 CET 2008

Sebastian KurfŸürst schrieb:
> Hello there,
>
> I am still looking for a good name for the templating system (which is
> currenly called BEER3). We need some more "serious" name, reflecting
> that it is very clean and easy to use, and still really powerful...
>
> I'd be very grateful about your ideas :-)
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian

Hi @all!

After a small discussion with Sebastian K., some questions occured to me.

Should the template system be really an extra package? Or later on a
standalone product?
Wouldn't it be better if it's "just" a Component of the FLOW3 package?

IMO the template-system shall provide a easy and fast way to transform a
model (Homepage, News, Blog, ...) into a nice view/output (html, xml,
rss, file) configurable with some TS or whatever. So an integration
could enforce FLOW3.
-- Might be the most often used scenario for FLOW3 Model2View
Basically, you for a package you have some view some options
(FLOW3CGL/Testing: select a packag), which the controller must handle.
Afterwards, the a view of the report-model is embedded in the view. So,
the controller just needs to send the model to the view for displaying
report.
So, you need a class-model and Beer3-XML-view, which must be autoloaded
by some function.
--

If there is a further standalone product it will degrade the advantages
of FLOW3:

I know everybody is very ethusiastic about a standalone template-system,
but all dis- and advantages should be discussed.

Just my 2 cents to think about ;)

Cheers,

Malte