[TYPO3-50-general] a JS framework for TYPO3 5.0 and FLOW3

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 6 00:32:05 CEST 2008

ries van Twisk wrote: on 05.05.2008 22:29:

>>> <input type="text" dojoType="dijit.form.ValidationTextBox" /> will give
>>> you a really neat text box with lots of options to choose from as well.

>> Is that XHTML-conformant? :) A camelCase attribute for a XHTML-tag? Or
>> how is that used exactly? Maybe you could show us something "dojo-wise"
>> in the T3DD, if you have some time, I would be interested in it.

> It's allowed because it's allowed in XML and since XHTML is a XML
> document it is allowed.

Hm, is this declared in some separated namespace? Because XHTML has a
validating DTD and "dojoType" is not really in any DTD I know of.

> However for 'reserved' tags (like li, ul, table etc...) they need to be
> in lower case otherwise
> the browser cannot find them,
>
> Side note : but since browser are non case sensitive unfortunately LI Li
> and lI are all rendered correctly

Yes, I was not talking about what browsers do, but if that attribute is
standard conformant or not and was curious about how this technique was
used by dojo.

Most browsers don't care a damn about standards when it comes to
rendering web pages, that is of course a well known fact :)

Cheers,
Ernesto