[TYPO3-50-general] a JS framework for TYPO3 5.0 and FLOW3

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue May 6 01:16:32 CEST 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Hm, is this declared in some separated namespace? Because XHTML has a
> validating DTD and "dojoType" is not really in any DTD I know of.

You are right here, depends a bit how you look at it.
All dojo specific attributes are getting replaced by java or more HTML
and thus generating valid xhtml.....
So what you finally get is valid....

>> However for 'reserved' tags (like li, ul, table etc...) they need
>> to be
>> in lower case otherwise
>> the browser cannot find them,
>>
>> Side note : but since browser are non case sensitive unfortunately
>> LI Li
>> and lI are all rendered correctly
>
> Yes, I was not talking about what browsers do, but if that attribute
> is
> standard conformant or not and was curious about how this technique
> was
> used by dojo.

Dojo uses indeed the fact that browsers keep generating the page, even
though it's invalid according to the dtd...

> Most browsers don't care a damn about standards when it comes to
> rendering web pages, that is of course a well known fact :)

heheheh yes...

Ries van Twisk