[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Mar 18 11:24:00 CET 2008

Hey,

I am currently working with extJS on a project, and have used Dojo
before. Both of them have their pros and cons, but I currently tend more
to suggest dojo over extJS - as the extJS object interfaces sometimes
seem a bit chaotic to me, all objects have lots and lots of
configuration options (many of which could be encapsulated more cleanly,
...), and some seemingly easy tasks are quite daunting with extJS.
The API doc is better with extjS currently, but on the other hand, Dojo
has a really good book from start to end with lots of examples:
http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-1-0

Maybe (If we decide to use either of these frameworks), we can discuss
the pros and cons on the snowboard tour!

See you in the snow,
Sebastian