[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 16 20:27:46 CET 2008

Christoph Blömer schrieb:

>> Which JS framework we'll use is still do be decide upon but extJS
>> surely is
>> a really sophisticated one. However, what I most fear currently is
>> that it's
>> just to heavy. Rumors (and my own experience) with high memory usage
>> and lots
>> of leaks are not very encouraging. However, that might have changed
>> with v2 -
>> I haven't played so much with the 2.0 final yet.
>>
>> robert
> Hi,
> please consider qooxdoo, too. It's not looking so nice like extJS now.
> But it has a very clean well-tought object-oriented structure and code.

But 0.8 will (see roadmap) introduce internal changes. Nice, but it
seems then that it isn't stable. OTOH T3 5.0 isn't as well :-)

I guess we will see the same approach as with PHP code. Evaluation of
existing frameworks and a new implementation by the team (based on clean
programming concepts etc etc). As the JS framework will have to work
together with PHP this probably makes some sense. Why build a shiny PHP
framework when you then "borrow" ugly JS code.

Masi