[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion to CodingStandards

Tim Eilers tim.eilers at web.de
Mon Jan 14 20:58:34 CET 2008

Hi Robert,

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Am 13.01.2008 um 16:23 schrieb Tim Eilers:
>> i would kindly ask you to take a view on that wiki page. I have pointed
>> out some open questions which should get answered. Thanks!
>
> I added some comments to the footnotes.

thanks, but you missed some and i have questions to some. i get worried
about discussing them here or there... here you can have a nicer talk by
quoting, so i'll do it here:

	"function doc comment -> "integer" or "int" or allow both?
	integer is already implemented in CodeSniffer itself, so
	that would be easier"

what about it? simple question, simple answer... :)

	"File Documentation: Only check for @package"

ok. if you agree i'll do it like this:

i'll make the checks to be not that stricts and only check tags for
being there and have the right content, if it is possible to check:
File:	@package	Package Name
	@subpacke	Subpackage Name
Class:	@package	Package Name
Method: @param		Type and Comment
	@return		Type (no comment check, because a
			comment to "void" makes no sense)
Var:	@var		Type and Comment

All other Tags will be ignored (incl. @author, why is described by me in
the wiki). The order will be ignored, too.

OK?

> Here's another one. You wrote:
>
>   "the original squiz sniffs include many checks of correct line spacing
> in the !DocComments. I did just comment
>    them, but if we go that strict, i can uncomment them. How deep do we
> want to got?"
>
> I'd say we skip that for now. We can force that still at a later point
> if we really, really want.

Ok. It is just uncommenting of code then.

cheers, tim.