[TYPO3-50-general] Old names in FLOW3 code

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 29 13:54:00 CET 2008

Andreas Wolf schrieb:

> Hi FLOW3/TYPO3 5.0 experts,
>
> as there seems to be no list dedicated to FLOW3 development, I have to
> try my luck here (sounds strange, just like a 1:1 translation from
> German - but I that's what dict.cc gave me for "sein Glück versuchen",
> just for those wondering about the phrase...)
>
> Anyways, here's my issue: I just browsed a bit around the FLOW3 code and
> I found two things I wondered about - don't know if they are bugs, so I
> wanted to ask here before opening bug reports...
>
> It's both about T3_FLOW3_AOP_ProxyClassBuilder.php. The first thing is
> if TYPO3_PATH_PRIVATEFILECACHE (in line 55) shouldn't be renamed to
> something with FLOW3?

Sidenote: Shouldn't be the T3_ prefix be dropped as well? If FLOW3 is to be
an all purpose framework TYPO3 related "namespaces" have no place. I can
image that this will alienate non-TYPO3 developers. At least they'd fear
that they get tons of only TYPO3-related stuff when they use FLOW3. Or even
worse they might feel that their apps could break because the TYPO3 5.x
devs changed FLOW3 to accomodate for some change in TYPO3. I trust you that
all that won't happen (after the FLOW3 1.0 final is shipped), but some
others may not.

Idea: make one to two real-work stand-alone apps with FLOW (eg a guestbook
or a gallery). But develpo them on separate sf.net accounts so it looks
independent ;-)

Masi