[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 Development Environment

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Tue Feb 19 15:21:27 CET 2008

Hi,

today I have started with FLOW3DE, a project to create an Eclipse-based
Development Environment for FLOW3.

This project is the Master Thesis for my studies at the University of
Applied Science in Berne, Switzerland. It will consist of two phases: In
the first phase, I will collect and document the requirements for a
feature-complete Development Environment. In the second phase, I will
select a subset of these features implement them as the FLOW3DE Eclipse
Plugin (Release 1.0).

Robert Lemke has agreed to support this project by acting as supervisor
for my Master Thesis. Thanks a lot, Robert!

The first milestone will be the Software Requirements Specification,
which also marks the end of phase 1. It will be due by the end of march
2008.

So for this, I am currently collecting all the features for a "perfect"
development environment for FLOW3. I invite everybody to go wild and put
everything you ever dreamed of while developing for FLOW3 on the feature
list:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/FLOW3DE

Any feedback is welcome!

Dave