[TYPO3-50-general] WikiPage for DevelopementHelpers

Daniel Brüßler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Thu Feb 14 21:15:34 CET 2008

Hello Malte and Karsten,

OK, I just read what you talked about ;-) All right, I try to keep it short.

first Malte: That's a very nice idea. I think you can mix it with
http://wiki.typo3.org/Helpful_Tools

Then the export/import: Does trac know the Creole-standard to export the
content? If yes it can be transformed in two steps into the
mediawiki-format. If you need it, tell me.

Wher the content of an exception is is not important, it just be
somewhere. Here are some examples: http://wiki.typo3.org/Exception

It's no problem to point to the class within forge. eg. the classname
T3_FLOW3_MVC_Controller_ActionController
can point to
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/changes/packages-flow3/trunk/Classes/MVC/Controller/T3_FLOW3_MVC_Controller_ActionController.php

This can be done with a tag like
{{forgetrunk|path/classname}}

> The FLOW3CGL can also read out all exceptions mentionen in the code. So
> you can check pretty easy which exceptions are in registered in a simple
> db-table with some comment function. So you don't have to enter all
> informations of an error by yourself or somebody else.

That sounds really cool. Is it possible to create a CSV-list of these?
So I could import them into wiki.typo3.org with pages.

First they would be in this category:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Category:Topic5/Missing_solution

When somebody who knows FLOW3 very well types in the description and a
solution he/she can remove the "Missing solution"-tag.

> IMO the Wiki for flow3 and t3 v5 should be move to forge. So you do not
> have to switch location managing some documentation. You also could
> connect some doc-changes to a revision of the SVN, because than you have
> the full controll about documents changed in which revision. (You now
> which feature was introduced in which release).

Hm. Linking to a code-revision would be not the problem. For example
with a tag maybe something like
{{forge|492}}

What is the 16 here? packagenumber or projectnumber?
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16?rev=492

Are the wiki-pages in redmine versioned in SVN?

> I started with t3 one year ago and was pretty difficult to find all
> places concerning development etc. So it would be simple to have just,
> the product pages and one dev-page, where all information are stored.

yes, my view is similar. When there not many wikis, many forums, and so
on it's better. Having just one wiki is a good start.

> You will normally find bugs if you dev something. You will only get
> exceptions, when you are developing. You won't forget some changes in
> the documentation easily, if you'll see all information in one place...

yes, I hope we can optimize this.

Cheers!
Daniel